As the Vice-President of IT you will be responsible for planning, directing, and designing all activities within the IT department.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and manage application portfolios for each department
- Provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives across all areas of the organization
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals
- foster innovation
- prioritize IT initiatives
- coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization
- Collaborate directly with the executive management team as well as the clients to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations as well as client-specific custom applications and programs.
- Create and maintain competitive advantage; enable business to retain market share and long term growth objectives
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems
- Manage technology projects from inception to end-life
- resource allocations; maintenance; enhancements…etc.
- Minimum of 10+ years career experience demonstrating progressive technology management responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business required; MBA in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- Solid understanding of IT operational support, infrastructure architecture
- Ability to provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission critical business operations
- Strong “hands-on” process-oriented leadership qualities with ability to innovate and create – leads by example with poise and professionalism
- Strong project management skills with ability to balance requirement for innovation within the business to align IT function to support business needs.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of industry systems and best practices
- Direct experience with IT planning (short and long term) & budget management
- Possess strong business skills; ability to lead, manage, and influence at all levels of an organization