The Shopper Marketing/Social Media Manager will utilize category, shopper, and customer insights to envision, inspire, plan, develop and lead the implementation of in-store and retailer digital marketing programs that extend and align the sales and brand marketing strategies. This individual will take a leadership role in driving significant category and share growth by ensuring successful marketing and sales program execution with our customers. They will drive communication, management and execution of current year’s business plans and will spearhead the development of coming year’s customer plans and business strategies.
- Lead the development of comprehensive Shopper Marketing and digital plans and programs that build brand equity, drive incremental merchandising and deliver category growth utilizing insights and expertise.
- Lead and manage the development, implementation and tracking of the brand experience on customer websites, product information page details, ratings and reviews, etc.
- Lead POP development alongside Brand Marketing teams – POP objectives, volume forecast, budgeting, creative brief, agency briefing, in-market execution, and post-analysis with Field Sales Teams.
- Work with both Brand Marketing and Sales teams to lead and manage the development of selling materials including Product Catalogue, Product Information Guide, Product Samples and Product Playbook.
- Successfully manage shopper marketing agency relationships ensuring flawless execution of programs through strong project management, budgeting, creative briefing and score carding against established goals outlined in the brief.
- Provide program and investment recommendations for strategic customers to Senior Marketing and Sales leaders.
- Lead monthly Integrated Business Planning (IPB) meetings.
- Act as a liaison between marketing, sales, customer service and supply chain to simplify and manage the current year business plan.
- Drive the customer planning process, which includes, brand strategic initiatives, BDT/customer feedback, supply chain expectations and timelines, pre-line review and line review processes.
- Identify, in collaboration with sales and brand marketing, any eCommerce growth opportunities.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Business or Marketing
- Minimum seven years experience in CPG industry or related field
- Shopper Marketing and/or Brand Marketing /Conventional and eCommerce Sales experience preferred
- Strong digital experience with working knowledge of websites, digital advertising platforms, email, CRM and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage Social Media marketing programs
- Working knowledge in the design, production and distribution of sales collateral material including POP, off shelf displays, catalogues, etc.
- Knowledge of account sales, retailing, wholesale distribution, and collateral activity along with deep consumer understanding
- Knowledge of Fact-based selling, In-store selling and merchandising
- Strong quantitative / qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to handle multiple priorities with a successful history of meeting goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Experience in forecasting, planning and budget management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel, Google and other digital and social tools
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams for productive results