The ideal candidate is creative, passionate, and able to develop and bring innovative websites and experiences to life. He or She must be up-to-date on all modern development standards, and understand, implement, and maintain accessibility standards and compliance. He or she must be able to fully execute custom-developed systems and have an excellent understanding of mobile-first design.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Design, develop, debug, and maintain website solutions and other products.
- Prepare HTML templates and assets based on design requirements specified.
- Work closely with team members to understand specifications and identify opportunities to solve any foreseeable technical challenges.
- Develop front-end, interfaces, and theme packages for website projects.
- Collaborate closely with Account Managers, Project Managers, Designers, and the Development team to coordinate and deliver client solutions.
- Analyze user behaviour and identify and implement opportunities to improve user interfaces and experiences.
- Measure website performance and utilize a test-driven development approach.
- Minimum of 5+ years of front-end development experience.
- Previous experience with animations and working with multimedia content.
- Experience with developing email marketing templates.
- Understanding of SEO principles and standards.
- Working knowledge with external APIs (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of Internet technologies, UI web design, and mobile web design.
- Mastery of cross-browser, cross-platform mark-up, and layout.
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly to business needs.
- Quick learner who is able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Must exhibit a willingness to constantly learn, adapt to new technologies, and absorb new information, in both the technical and the business realm.
- Proven ability to proactively identify, analyze, recommend and/or implement solutions for challenges.
- Freelancing or agency experience is considered an asset.
- College or university is considered an asset.