The Salesforce Consultant is a client-facing role and is key to ensuring that the customer’s business needs are supported through a technical solution. The consultant must be able to engage customer stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, IT) in discovery sessions to understand the current technical environment and identify methods that will optimize the customer’s Sales and Marketing technology stack. It requires a high level of skill to clearly understand the needs of the customer and balance these needs with the capabilities of the technology.
This individual must have a desire to be part of a fast-paced team and contribute to the culture and vision of the company. They must be able to take on a consultative approach to probe for insights that will influence the overall technical solution.
- Complete an initial assessment of the client’s Sales & Marketing technology stack, ensuring a foundational understanding of the environment, investing time to understand very specific aspects including: SFDC, Integrations with other systems such as Eloqua, Data/Data Structure
- Work with customers, in conjunction with the Solution Architect to gain an understanding of the desired solution
- Work with the Solution Architects to design technical solution(s) to problems identified within the engagement brief
- Develop technical requirement document(s) detailing the solution
- Work with customer stakeholders, Project Manager, and Consulting, Production and Development resources to oversee implementation and perform final QA with the goal of ensuring that the deliverable meets the design specifications
- Intermediate / Expert level understanding of the SFDC ecosystem – both administration and development
- Ability to complete initial configuration of the SFDC instance
- Ability to design solutions, including CDOs and third party SFDC apps
- Ability to integrate SFDC with third party systems using data import / export, APIs
- Ability to identify and evaluate custom solutions to meet complex business requirements
- Deep practical understanding of Sales within Enterprise Organizations
- Proven experience in facilitating discussions with external senior stakeholders – both IT and Marketing & Sales
- Experience working as part of a consultancy / professional services team