The Sales Manager will be responsible for executing and achieving the sales, trade spend, and profitability targets as outlined in the annual business plan.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and build relationships with National and Regional accounts.
- Work with the V.P. of Sales & V.P. of Marketing to effectively manage promotions & marketing programs that will increase sales and market share.
- Develop & maintain account promotional calendars that are in line with the pricing and promotion strategy. Work with and support the broker teams to effectively execute at store level.
- Pursue new opportunities to gain distribution on new and existing products as well as monitor competitor activity.
- Analyze financial reports and work with finance team on managing total customer spending and deduction management within the company guidelines.
- Leverage internal resources (trade marketing, promotional analysis, demand planning) to drive success with our customers.
- Prepare and present annual business plans.
- Work closely with the Sales Analyst to create annual sales forecasting budget.
- Establish effective relationships and communicate with departments internally to provide excellent customer service to our external partners.
- Be a representative at annual trade-shows and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Business preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years key account management experience in the CPG industry-food sector
- Strong understanding of Category Management principles and execution
- Broker management (an asset)
- Highly energetic and organized with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Financially-oriented with experience managing trade spend.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; a strong negotiator.
- Professional; strong interpersonal and customer service skills.