This is not a traditional marketing role; it is a high profile innovation focused role with you driving the future direction of the company. You must be creative, have great project management skills, and understand what it takes to manage a business and make a profit. You must want to make a difference at an innovation driven company and have the knowledge necessary to bring a new product to life.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Managing a core North American business, the associated product concept/selection, packaging, promotion and costing analysis.
- Analyze market segments and look at consumer trends to identify new opportunities.
- Develop new product opportunities using a sound business case approach based on market data, focus groups, and other sources on trends in the marketplace.
- Executes creation of new products – working in conjunction with product development, operations, and other cross-functional teams.
- Development of marketing materials for internal & external reference e.g. brochures, sell sheets, product photography, launch presentations.
- Work with purchasing and product development to source new and innovative packaging materials and ingredients.
- Execute corporate and marketing plans, strategies and projects.
- Project management with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Experience creating marketing and selling materials (brochures, sell sheets, website and social media content, presentations)
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Creative Suite is an asset
- Solid understanding of urgency in responding to internal (other departments) and external (suppliers, agencies, customers) partners
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with clear communications (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills in order to meet tight deadlines
- A self starter with the ability to identify projects, solutions
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Previous marketing experience in food and/or bakery environment is preferred