The Pricing and Promotions manager will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of pricing related strategies across all products with the goal to maximize business deliverables – unit volume, profit and share. He or she will work with the marketing team and utilizing price and promotion information, to assess risks and opportunities for pricing action across the entire commercial portfolio.
- Post-Secondary degree, preferably business
- 5+ years experience in category management, key accounts, marketing or revenue management
- Proven track record of success in CPG industry
- Strong understanding of revenue management fundamentals including pricing segmentation, bundling and pricing tiers
- Strong understanding of trade spend/investment practices in CPG industry and the implications on internal and customers’ margin structure and profitability
- Experience with pricing theory and it’s applications related to brand positioning and new product development
- Experience working with price elasticity models and tangible in market applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Excel in particular.
- Proficiency in Nielsen data (MarketTrack, Homescan, etc) and tools
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly developed competencies in conflict resolution, stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Experience working with tier 1 customers in the Canadian Grocery / Food Industry is strongly preferred.