Reporting to the President, the ideal candidate is solution-oriented, always thinking about their business unit, and will play a major role in growing a dynamic team. We need a strategic, confident and energetic leader for the team with a proven track record in client service.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the senior contact for clients.
- Develop public relations strategies for a variety of clients within the consumer, entertainment and lifestyle sectors.
- Develop and oversee account team’s performance, ensuring quality work is done, efficient processes are in place, and client requests are handled in a timely fashion.
- Budget planning, forecasting and management.
- Manage client relationships, provide strategic counsel, and ensure ongoing results.
- Assist team with media relations if required.
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing department to ensure all communication for full-service clients are streamlined and succinct.
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of 8+ people.
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Agency values and require direct reports to do the same.
- Lead by example; demonstrate strong work ethic, creative abilities and industry expertise.
- Assist with new business development and organic client growth.
- Minimum 6-8 years PR experience as a communications specialist within the consumer and lifestyle sectors; agency experience required.
- Creative and strategic with demonstrated success in client account management.
- Ability to manage and mentor a small team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Canadian media landscape with existing media relationships and key contacts.
- Proven experience in developing comprehensive PR strategies and leading a small team of talented professionals to create an ownership mentality.
- Resourceful and positive team player with a can-do attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.