The Marketing and Communications Intern will work under the direction of the marketing team. He or she will be responsible for assisting with a variety of marketing and communication efforts including social media, digital marketing support, data analysis, graphic design, web page development, general administrative duties, and events support.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with the writing of press releases and weekly articles.
- Assisting with building coverage reports.
- Assisting with the updating, maintaining, and building of press lists.
- Graphic design work.
- Landing page construction with WordPress CMS.
- Assist with the the management of social media accounts and analysis of Google AdWords data.
- Completed or in the process of completing a degree in Marketing/Communications or Public Relations.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Understanding of CMS, WordPress, SEO, basic HTML.
- Experience in graphic design; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Experience in assisting with corporate social media accounts (an asset).
- Experience using Hootsuite, GSuite, Trello, and Excel (an asset).
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines.