We are searching for an energetic, self-motivated, and experienced Human Resources Manager. This incredibly critical role will give our chosen candidate an amazing experience working at a promotional merchandise distributor. With 100+ experienced promotional products professionals, our HR Manager will get the chance to work with the best in the industry, with an opportunity to shape and impact company culture, professional development of our employees and growth of our company.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the talent acquisition process for all of office locations across Canada.
- Develop and maintain effective employee relations through acting as a point of contact for employee issue enquiries, HR policies, and benefits.
- Work with the Executive Management Team and Vice Presidents to fulfill recruitment needs through internal and external job advertisements, phone screening, interviewing, background checks, and issuing of new hire packages.
- Reinforce and help set the tone for a positive work culture and assist with development and implementation of employee appreciation programs.
- Lead and develop an Internal and Supplier Diversity Program.
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations.
- Administration of a variety of HR services, programs and processes including maintaining policies & procedures, supporting terminations and conducting exit interviews, and maintaining the Employee Handbook.
- Create and maintain personnel reports such Anniversary Recognitions, etc.
- Update and maintain employee files, produce key HR reports, prepare documents and offer letters, and facilitate on-boarding.
- Develop a performance appraisal form and/or process to be deployed by all VPs and managers to their respective teams.
- Support HR requirements of managers and assist with strategies to build and maintain high performing teams.
- Develop and conduct employee training programs to ensure compliance with federal and provincial legislation.
- Assist managers with developing performance plans and identifying training opportunities.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of HR experience working in a sales organization.
- Graduated from an undergraduate university or college with a degree in Human Resources Management.
- Preferably has a CHRP, CHRL or CHRE designation, although not required.
- Outstanding presentation, written communication and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of federal and provincial labour laws.