We are looking for an in-house counsel to work for a company that is building unbreachable data protection for industry, governments, and consumers, and setting new standards for Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) compliance.
As In-House Counsel you will report directly to the CEO and play a significant role within a group of diversified specialists. You will act as the principal counsel for the organization.
- Law degree and called to the Bar in Canada.
- 2-5 years of experience gained at a top tier law firm with commercial (licensing/IP) experience or in-house legal experience.
- Prior experience working within financial services or the technology sector.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulatory filings, securities law in accordance with governing regulators.
- Robust negotiating, investigative and mediation skills.
- Strong aptitude for all technological developments with emphasis on looking to improve efficiencies.
- Forward thinking and extremely knowledgeable about current industry landscape and regulators
- Strong attention to detail and analysis, especially when it comes to risk assessment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities while adhering to priorities and deadlines.