The Financial Analyst must be client-focused while advocating and communicating a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Financial Analyst shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Financial Analyst shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Financial Analyst is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goals.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure all project proformas and cashflow projection are prepared accurately and updated regularly for review accompanied with variance reports detailing the changes to project proformas and cashflow
- Ensure all financial reports from accounting, leasing, engineering and construction reflecting costs incurred, revenues, hold backs/ deposits, and recoveries are accurate and reflected in proforma updates and cashflow
- Review construction budget at different stages of development and provide detail reconciliation of costs
- Monitor financial performance and project timeline and keep Director Reporting & Financial Analysis abreast of any significant changes. Liaise with Portfolio members in planning, leasing, construction, engineering, legal, and property management
- Research and stay aware of real estate and financial market conditions to assist with the development of appropriate strategies for the Portfolio projects.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in business, financial, accounting or real estate development and/or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) OR Chartered Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Bachelor’s of Commerce
- Minimum four years solid professional work experience in related field
- Advanced financial and analytical skills as applied to sophisticated valuation/ development models and sensitivity analysis
- Independent, excellent business judgment and numerical skills
- Excellent knowledge of finance and accounting as applied to real estate development and project financing
- Excellent organization and time management skills in dealing with changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency in meeting deadlines
- Knowledge residential and/or office development is an asset
- Knowledge of Argus Developer is an asset
- Knowledge of cost sharing and development charges is an asset.