The Director, Research, Development & Technology (RDT) is a key member of the RDT leadership team and is responsible for the creating and helping commercialize products that excite both customers and consumers. The Director will play a key role in many aspects of the product development cycle including formulations, process management, culinary, cost savings, etc. Bringing exceptional technical expertise in prepared meats, outstanding leadership and a passion for winning, the Director will play a critical role in the continuing evolution of the RDT team
- Maintain a relevant product suite to support strategic growth objectives.
- Build internal capabilities for technical leadership.
- Identify cost savings opportunities that do not impact product quality.
- Implement efficient and effective policies and practices.
- Support execution of product and manufacturing portfolio strategy -including ways to successfully commercialize new products.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate capabilities as a thought leader to the industry.
- Develop comprehensive talent management, acquisition, and retention plans.
- University degree in Food Science – Meat Science and Technology preferred
- 10+ years of experience in product development in the meat industry
- Possesses deep knowledge in recipe development, best in class processes, manufacturing equipment, and commercialization of branded and private label meat products
- Ability to translate business goals into an RDT strategy
- Strong business/financial acumen
- Self motivated and ability to excel in an action-oriented environment
- Drives accountability for self, team and cross functional partners
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong customer/consumer focus
- Track record of building and maintaining high performing teams