We are seeking a consumer-obsessed marketing leader responsible for the planning & execution of the communication plan including day-to-day operations and oversight of creative content development and production, media planning and buying. He or She must be an experienced marketing leader (either with related marcomm or agency experience) who will support the business by developing innovation communications plans and overseeing dynamic content and media plans that effectively reach and impact consumers.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborating with the Merchandise and Marketing teams to translate marketing strategies into clear communication objectives for the brand and a yearly communication plan (all media channels including, traditional and digital marketing and in-store retail) that drives strong brand awareness, affinity and retail sales growth.
- Working with agencies (media & creative) to determine communication strategy, media objectives & project briefs that lead to consumer-driven communications and innovative & effective media plans, within budget.
- Accountable for communication effectiveness. In conjunction with agency partners, develop measurement plan to determine effectiveness of overall plan on brand metrics and delivering marketing objectives.
- Participating in annual objectives, programs, and budgets that support corporate objectives.
- Working closely with senior leadership to develop and ensure timely execution of a national brand and merchandise sales marketing plan.
- Providing direction, input and support to Marketing Managers for the effective execution of content and media marketing programs.
- Responsible for the leadership and the professional development of five direct reports, providing leadership and promoting open communications and ongoing learning and development.
- Inspiring and engaging the team & agencies to ensure executional excellence at retail in brand retail standards, asset management and consumer presentation.
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in marketing, business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of related creative production and media buying experience (experience managing +$50MM communication budget across all channels – TV, digital, OOH, social, instore, etc.), with 3-5 years of that experience in a supervisory position.
- Retail experience is a must
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needed.
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities.
- French is an asset.