The Director of Consumer Market Research is responsible for the recommendation development and management of consumer research which best addresses the objectives of the Marketing members, understanding the needs of the business.
He/She will work closely with the Marketing Consumer Department offering support and confirmation of hypothesis based on ongoing research studies, advising on market demographics, sales trends and causal factors, pricing analytics, market and product opportunities, consumer attitudes, product and package acceptance and overall advertising communication impact.
The Director of Consumer Market Research must keep abreast of the latest developments in the research field through trade and professional associations, seminars, books, digital reports and other publications.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with Marketing Directors and Managers to establish research needs and estimates annual marketing research operating budget.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the research field and maintain research library.
- Develop and manage internal marketing information systems.
- Contribute to the development of the Strategic Plans with primary focus on providing an insightful and supportive consumer orientation.
- Prepare, present, and execute annual Marketing Research Business Plans for Canada and the US.
- Present to the Chief Marketing Officer a platform of any proposed changes to Research Plan based on Business contingency needs.
- Act as the primary representative of the brand’s consumer through effective research and market evaluation techniques.
- Work collaboratively with retail and shopper insight teams to consolidate key learnings.
- Negotiating all service contracts and ensuring all corporate information needs are met.
- Present consumer findings to senior Leadership team and retailers as required to support Trademark business.
- Minimum 10 years market research experience in Tier 1 fast paced consumer packaged goods organizations.
- Solid understanding of latest consumer research and their applicability.
- University degree. (B. Comm or MBA)
- Member of Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (formerly PMRS).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Solid collaborative proficiency and team player working well with internal stake holders.