The COO/VP of Operations will be responsible for the strategic direction, continuous improvement and day-to-day activities of the Operations Division; Logistics, Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving, Returns, Customer Service/Order Desk, Service department. He or She will work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to ensure customer satisfaction and improve operational efficiencies.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain an operating expense budget of between $3 to $4 million per fiscal year.
- Responsible for sourcing competitive bids on warehouse operating assets, carrier contracts and 3PL rates.
- Responsible for a staff of 32 direct reports and their efficiencies.
- Oversee carrier contract negotiations, shipment order handling, compliance, cargo and freight planning (inbound), transportation analysis (timeline, cost, outbound).
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of inventory on hand. Negotiate 3PL requirements when required.
- Select appropriate shipping method, track receiving to PO, advise the team of QC requirements, ensure that the return process runs efficiently.
- Field all retailer and End User inquiries and relationships.
- Responsible for B2B, B2C, EDI and telephone order processing and monitoring.
- Maintain a product knowledge base and inventory of parts.
- Work closely with product managers in testing and QC of new products.
- University/College degrees preferably in business (read a Balance Sheet and P & L. Understanding impacts of cost/margin relationship).
- Ten years supply chain management.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills and in developing PowerPoint-type presentations.
- Effective and concise communication skills.
- Ability to delegate authority to Operations Department Manager in creating a team based environment.
- Must be able to cooperate and work with other departments in order to support their projects and needs.
- Strong analytical skills.