The Category Manager will be responsible for developing and sharing leading edge Category Management tools and approaches aimed at delivering consumer value and increasing profitability. He or she will develop strategic category plans, monitor space allocation, measure category performance, and make necessary adjustments on a continuous basis. To accomplish this, the individual will leverage category, customer, consumer, and marketplace expertise in trade initiatives and customer initiatives. The key areas of focus are analysis, tool development, and education of the sales force in such a way as to enhance Sales’ ability to take a strategic perspective when planning actions and making decisions.
- A good understanding of Nielsen Data.
- A good understanding Customer Loyalty Data
- Must be comfortable using a lot of detailed data
- A strong technical background
- A strong business analysis background
- Experience in a high paced CPG environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Manage deadlines & deliverables
- Experience working with Excel
- Knowledge of planograms would be an asset
- Knowledge of FeatureVision would be an asset
- Customer-facing experience