We are looking to add a new Account Manager, Public Relations who will be responsible for managing multiple programs simultaneously. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who possesses strong team leadership skills and a proven track record of success.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee day-to-day client account management including the planning and execution of various PR programs.
- Assist the senior team in developing creative strategies for a variety of clients in the lifestyle, food/beverage and design industries.
- Maintain close and frequent contact with clients and provide on-going counsel.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of client information including general business strategy, industry issues, and key stakeholders.
- Develop and manage project budgets, critical paths and deliverables and ensure the team is on track.
- Oversee media relations efforts and personally foster relationships with key media across the country.
- Write, edit, and proofread a full range of materials, such as press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, client emails, reports, status grids, activity reports, etc.
- Manage a team of account executives, coordinators and interns.
- Liaise with the marketing and creative departments to ensure all communication for full-service clients are streamlined and succinct.
- Demonstrate abilities as a creative thinker and encourage others to think outside the box.
- 4-6 years PR experience as a communications specialist within the consumer and lifestyle sectors.
- Creative, strategic, dynamic, and energetic
- Demonstrated success in client account management,
- Demonstrated expertise in media relations and communications practices, particularly in the areas of strategic communications, media relations and special events management.
- Experience in developing comprehensive PR strategies and managing a small team.
- Exceptional English communication skills and strong writing skills are essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the Canadian media landscape. Strong relationships with key media and influencers across all verticals.
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage and execute a variety of PR tactics.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work under pressure.